Competition cases in numbers
Competition cases in numbers - underlying data
Table 1. Referrals to the State Proscutor for Serious Economic and International Crime
Referrals can include one or several companies.
Table 2. Fines issued to individuals and companies
Fines issued to individuals
|Fines issued to companies||2||1||4||3||0||6||3||6||8||17||12||15||3||6||12|
The charts includes both fines issued by the courts and administrative fines. The chart shows fines issued at a given time. Cases which moves through the legal system is only shown once. Consequently, a fine is only shown once. The number of fines my therefore change from year to year.
Table 3. Cases decided by the Danish Competition Council
|Cases decided by the Competition Council (including mergers)||23||17||10||10||10||11||8||10||11||10||6||4||9||8||3|
|- hereof with effect on the market||16||12||8||9||6||9||8||7||10||8||4||3||9||7||2|
|Cases closed without a decision||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||1||0||2||0||1|
Decisions with effect on the market includes abuse cases, mergers subject to remedies etc. Decisions can include more than one company.
Data from 2015 and on include cases closed by the Danish Competition Concil.
Table 4. Decisions and cases handled by the Danish Competition Council
|1) Merger decisions by the DCC||5||1||2||1||1||2||2||2||4||-||3||3||2|
|2) Cases not referred to the State Prosecutor||4||8||7||9||7||8||8||7||2||3||5||1||1|
|3) Cases referred to the State Prosecutor||1||1||1||1||0||1||1||1||1||1||3||4||1|
|4) Cases referred directly to the State Prosecutor||3||9||5||3||4||6||11||7||4||3||3||9||9|
|5)Merger decisions by the DCCA||7||32||31||39||33||38||41||48||49||46|
1) DCC = Danish Competition Council. Merger decisions include mergers withdrawn
2) Cases regarding violation of the Competition Act
3) Cases regarding violation of the Competition Act
5) DCCA = Danish Competition and Consumer Authority
- Merger decisions from before 2010 include cases closed by the Danish Competition Council
- There can be a difference between the year of the decision by the Competition Council and the year when the case is referred to the Public Prosecutor. Therefore, the number of referred cases my differ from table 1 which counts the number of cases referred to the Public Prosecutor by year og referral